As becoming a neighbor with EU with the full membership of Bulgaria to the European Union, there existed a necessity to increase the passenger and vehicle capacity of Hamzabeyli Border Gate. In this regard, prior to the modernization of the Gate, it was serving about 220.000 vehicles and 350.000 passengers annually; and following the completion of the modernization, these figures reached up to 500.000 vehicles and 1.500.000 passengers.
Hamzabeyli Border Gate
• has the total area of 64.000 m²;
• has a commercial building of 2.000 m²,
• consists of an administrative building of 1.800 m²,
• Total 16 inspection platforms; 4 entry – 4 exit points at the passenger side and 4 entry – 4 exit points at the truck division; were constructed.
• There are 2 weigh bridges and 2 X-Ray vehicle scanning devices.